Law is a complex and intricate subject, however it can also be quite amusing. Here are 10 bizarre Florida laws you never knew existed:
- Unmarried women are prohibited from parachuting on Sundays (the penalty for an infraction may include: arrest, fines, and/or jailing).
- Women may be fined for falling asleep under a hair dryer, as can the salon owner
- The doors of all public buildings must open outwards
- It is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit
- If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle
- It is illegal to keep pregnant pigs in cages
- Owning a flower pot with water in it that isn’t capable of draining is considered a public nuisance (Daytona Beach)
- It is against the city ordinance to hang your clothes outside on a clothesline (Cape Coral)
- Persons face up to thirty days in jail for selling oranges on the sidewalk (Miami Beach)
- It is illegal to skateboard in a police station (Miami)
Law is a tricky subject! Leave it to us, the experts. Sonny Im and his team have mastered the art of law. With extensive experience and a glowing track record, they are ready to assist in any legal challenge you may face. Whether a DUI charge, personal injury, automobile accident, business transaction, or more—we’re here for you. Give us a call at: 727-939-8200
We are dedicated to your success.